Thursday 25 January 2007

My Babies

This is my son, Redza, when he was around 4 months old in 2002. He was born in Miri. One thing good about him being born there is that he can go and work in Sarawak without a permit, unlike the rest of us from the Peninsula.

This month , he had his first taste of going to school. My, times do fly by. One moment he was this chubby baby and the next a little boy with too much sass. On his first day of school, his father sent him to school and the report I got that he was very happy and already making friends.

Unlike my daughter, the first born, Redza is very friendly even as a baby. He used to wave his hand (actually he still does) to anyone he saw as we went down or up the escalator in the shopping mall. I was really afraid, when he was younger, that he would walk away with any interesting stranger who caught his interest.


My daughter, Iman, is a different story. She 'chooses' her friends and people she wants to be with, even when she was a baby

This photo was taken the same year as above. She was 3 at that time. I think it was a difficult period for her, having a baby sibling after 3 years being the only one. She, even though, she may deny it, felt lost or rather felt that she was losing me as a mother with the arrival of the brother.

People say that she looks like me. There are some differences of course, her facial features are the father's but the forehead and the overall facial structure is mine. She can be very tempremental and moody, typical of a February child. She loves deeply, gets hurt easily but most of the time tries to make is seem like it doesn't hurt her at all.

Whatever it is, these are my children. Sometimes, I can't believe that I am a mother of two but when I look at them, I am proud that I am. Iman and Redza , remember that I and Abah always love you both and whatever I do, I hope it is for the best. XXX Mak

No comments: