Thursday 25 January 2007

Mee Bandung Muar...

...in Bangi. If you have a craving for Mee Bandung Muar, here's a place you can get the near to original Mee Bandung Muar. Mee Bandung Muar basically is yellow noodles with thickish prawn based gravy, with prawns, fresh tomato, mustard leaves and a partially cooked egg. It's hot, sour and sweet at the same time. The highlight of the meal is the softly cooked yolk which oozed out it's golden yumminess (Don't I sound like Nigella!)

This stall or 'gerai' is at the food court near the traffic light opposite Permata (the PETRONAS training centre) in Kg Dato' Abu Bakar Baginda, Bangi.

My Husband had the Mee Bandung that wet and cold evening. It was so good that we decided to bring back one bungkus for my mother to see what her comments would be. She had it for her dinner and not a sound came from her during the meal (which is a good sign). Mak is a food critic especially the local delicacies. So silence is indeed GOOD!

I am not actually a real fan of Mee Bandung (not partial to yellow noodles), so I had the sup tulang (without the cili padi). It was nice and hot with 3 chunks of sizable bone with meat. Lots of celery, which I liked. I didn't have heartburn after that, so I can say it was a MSG free meal.

Highly recommended and I would definetely drop by there for a meal when I am in the vicinity.

No comments: