Monday 14 April 2008

Domestic Goddess? ...I think not!

I have been maidless for nearly a year now and domestic goddess I am not. I love cooking and baking but cleaning up afterwards and doing laundry is not my favourite past time. I don't mind loading up the washing machine and hanging out the laundry but ironing and folding is not what I call fun. I force myself, literally to do it when things seems to get out of hand, especially today when I look at the spare bed in my daughter's room starting to look like Mount Clean Laundry. Razman is forced to iron his own shirt to work, not that he complains but I am sure some MCP out there are dying to stake me up and tear me limb to limb.

But then I may able to avert such action by offering the said MCs (I am not referring to any specific boys' fartenity...opps I meant fraternity;-) here ) this lovely extra moist chocolate cake I tried for Nigella Lawson's " How to be a Domestic Goddess":




It's a very easy cake that requires very little handling. The only weird part was that it uses boiling water (not 'boiled' water, mind you there is a difference). I was a bit apprehensive about that part, worrying that I will end up with a puddle of oily scrambled eggs. Much to my relief, no such thing happened. The batter was quite liquid and when its time in the oven was up, it didn't really look 'done' like other cakes. I followed directions to the 't' and happy to report that it came out exactly and described.

It was not Super chocolaty, due to the fact that there is only 1 chocolate ( and I used the best quality I could lay my hands on) element in it and only 100g of it but Super moist it is. Important thing to remember is to wait till it is cool to remove from the pan, otherwise you end up with hot mush. As claimed, I had a piece today of what's left of it after three days, it certainly does improve with age.

There goes my thighs....

No comments: