Wednesday 18 February 2009

For My Friend....

who has decided to cut all ties to everything white. Here I have 'created' or rather adapted a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie from Recipezaar that will be an answer to your challenge .

250 gms butter with 250 gm brown sugar and 100g white sugar (you can make it all brown sugar if you want to eliminate all whiteness or you can even eliminate the white totally for less caloric intake) and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the bowl on the top right. 280gm whole wheat flour with 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon baking soda, whisked in the left top bowl . 2 eggs with 2 teaspoons vanilla essence in the small blue bowl. 300gm old fashioned rolled oats in the bowl on the bottom right. Please don't even think of using those instant oats as the cookies will end up tasting like sawdust. Because my son doesn't like raisins, I will divide the dough into two and add 200gm chocolate chips in one half and 250 gm of raisins in the other half. Husband and daughter loves raisins...

Cream butter, sugar and salt until creamy but not overly light.

Add eggs and vanilla essence.
Mix well but do not over do it.

Add and fold in all the flour.

Put in the oats and fold.
I then divide the dough into two, roughly around 650gm each bowl and in one I pour in the chocolate chips and the other the raisins.

Using a #60 scoop, I scoop the dough out to a parchment lined baking sheet. I press the dough slightly flat.
Place in a preheated oven 175C for 11-15 minutes. Rotating when necessary. Cool once out of the oven and Bon Appetit!
Note: I probably would add a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg in the dough to enhance the flavours.
So, to my white-challenged friend, I hope you will enjoy this cookie recipe. Just remember to eat only one every day, and not 3 in 1/2 hour like I did. ;-)

1 comment:

LifeBloom said...

Saf dearie - am a bit perasan here - thank you so very much, it will keep me company until May comes :-D