Thursday 20 September 2007

Can't believe it...

I have been published! Actually this is not the first time I have been published. I wrote to the Sun once and I also did a book review for Flavours...but this is the first time a full length article.


September/October Issue

The Scoop on Rendang


Me sans makeup: au naturale


I would like to thank Julie Wong, Flavours Editor, for making me sound so good and to Yap Chee Hong for making me look good (better than realitylah!). I would also like to thank all my sisters and makciks who helped me with the information (K. Sal,you are a gem!)

There is a writeup on rendang and 10 recipes including 3 serundings. Feel free to try out and send me comments!

9 comments:

LifeBloom said...

Believe it!!! I always knew you would be the Malaysian equivalent of Julia Child...Your passion and dedication for all things scrumptious was a little hint of things to come.

Congratulations! Viva safura!!

Anonymous said...

saf, satu sri damansara i cari tak jumpa! anyway congrats (for looking so good, hehehe...).

iwillsurvive said...

Safura, Safura...
Sorry lah sebab i tak pernah melanggan/beli Flavours (infact i tak tahu pun Flavours tu wujud) ha ha. Apa-apa pun, tahniah, tahniah dan tahniah ke atas keluarnya artikel you tu dalam Flavours. Am proud of you!

Tigerkun said...

Ko cucuk botox ker? Muka nampak girang ajer...

Anyway, congrats ler.

IWS...apa tercegat lagi, gi copy all the recipes and buat!

Anonymous said...

As your older sister, I DEMAND a FREE copy of Flavours!!! hahahaa....Angah

Anonymous said...

Saf - u champion one

Perkolatte.my said...

LB,
Julia Child...ehem jauh tu. Thanks for the compliments *smile*

Mona,
Mana nak jumpa dalam 'tempurung'. Kena venture out sikitlah...Are you telling me I need a make over?

IWS,
Thanks!

Tigerkun,
Apa Botox-botox...tak main beb. Hang jangan kedekut..pi beli majalah tu untuk IWS.

Angah,
Datang rumah boleh tengok my copy *wink*

Sarah,
You osso champion one.

Anonymous said...

kedekut :p

Anonymous said...

kang i dah kata, u memang bole jadi food critique or write apa2 about food. sure berjaya!! proud of u beb!!
org jb, kampung kurnia.