Sunday 4 February 2007

Chcocolate Cupcake

I tried the one-bowl chocolate cupake from Martha Stewart's Baking Hand book (see my previous post). The batter was very liquid and I was a bit worried about the end result, but I needn't worry. The cupcake came out 'perfect'; moist and delicious.

Here is the photo of the crumb I took recently.

I changed the recipe a bit, in anticipation that the buttercream would be extra rich. I added 2 teaspoon of Instant Coffee. The cupcake was less sweet with the addition but sort of added a deep note especially if eaten by itself. But if eaten with the buttercream icing, it was excellent. The coffee-ness negated the richness of the buttercream making it a good combination.

I added some cute sprinkles I had. It was actually cute and nice to eat. A must do again!

No comments: